On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 11:03:45AM -0400, Alan Corey wrote:
| > (besides 5.0 is no longer supported, so  you'll have to update that one
| > anyways).
|
| This is ridiculous.

What is ?  That you get free software ?  That you pay absolutely
nothing for code that keeps improving, release after release ?  The
fact that it's even supported after two new releases have been made
available, so that the developers that work on this free software,
without any cost to you, have to take out some of their time to make
sure these old versions (for which you were not charged either) also
see fixes ?

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculously amazing.  Why on earth do they not
charge us big bucks for this software !?  I mean, it's better than
the alternatives, including the the most expensive ones!  If it
wasn't, we'd all be running something else, right ?

These guys have to be absolutely insane.  Such a small team of people
to work on this free project and they STILL manage to support two
older releases.  Unpossible!

It's crazy! .. and you can't even pay for the code!  You can only pay
for some media .. who comes up with this stuff ?

Good thing I've already pre-ordered by 5.3 release sets then.  At
least this way, I'm sure *some* money ends up in the project.

Thanks for alerting us all to the ridiculousness of free software.  I
trust you also ordered your CD sets already.  Let's spread the word
and get others to do the same!

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/