On 19.04.2013 14:32, Jiri B wrote:

I would say maybe because nginx' purpose in base install
is to be webserver ? :)

You can use one from ports.

jirib

The ports tree didn't come to my mind when I've been writing my mail. Thanks for the hint.

I see the point that it is meant to be a webserver. And I know that nginx is the designated replacement for Apache in the base system according to the release notes for 5.2.

Don't get me wrong: I don't want to criticize the decision to do so. I'm just curious if there are also other reasons, e. g. security considerations, code which is not audited (yet), performance, whatever. Information of this kind could help me to decide if I trust nginx enough to use it on productive systems or not.

Bruno