On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 06:01:24PM -0400, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
> On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 10:41:32PM +0200, Erling Westenvik wrote:
> > To my astonishment: when printing a test page from cups, it outputs an
> > image of Tux!?!
>
> Cups is Linux-ware, ported to OpenBSD.

Used-to be linux-ware. Actually lots of its initial features got moved to the
more linux-centric cups-filters.
Both upstreams are really easy to work with and accept portability patches with
pleasure...

But I disgress, the original question was regarding the Tux logo. The reason is
simple, it's just a default print test page; actually most linux distros ship
with their own modified^branded one.
Unless someone comes up with a super cool puffy print test page, I don't see
the point in changing the default; who cares whether you are printing a penguin
or a monkey eating bananas... it's just a test job.

--
Antoine