Not that I have a better suggestion than yours, but I don't like
"whitelisting" at the ip level. If I have multiple trusted routers this
ends up as a long shell-script that tries to feed ips until it works.
I can see a point (for both v4 and v6) to sometimes lock the arp/ndp for
your def-gw so that noone else can trivially spoof the gw ip, but adding
the gws own idea of some other ip it has to a whitelist of acceptable
senders of ndp feels like a layering violation to me.