On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 08:22:17PM -0400, Ted Unangst wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 23:47, Edd Barrett wrote:
>
> > I see it has one of those useless intel wireless cards too. Can this be
> > swapped out easily? If not I can use my urtwn dongle.
>
> Depends on why you think it's useless. After the first boot, fw_update
> will get the firmware for it, and then it should work just fine.

It's not the availability of the firmware that bothers me about Intel
wireless. I have had laptops with iwi and iwn cards (thinkpads) and
I found that the firmware crashes frequently. I have always swapped
them out for ral, ath or urtwn.

> All Lenovo systems have a BIOS whitelist of permitted wireless cards,
> although for many laptop models that turns out to be only variants of
> iwn anyway.

misc/tpwireless ;)

I am more interested in the touchscreen support at this stage. The X230t
has one of those pressure sensitive wacom screens. I see FreeBSD has a
Wacom driver, but we don't. Maybe you don't need a driver for the base
functionality...

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett