Thank you all for your answers.

The migration to R15 or even R16 is
complicated, as a lot of code must be modified and a lot of teste must be
conducted
in order to make things correctly.

The fact is newer does not make
it better. There are so many applications that run a lot better in R14 than in
R15

The migration is very tricky and upgrading production code only to have
R15 does not make any sense to me
and I'm happy with R14.

On the other hand I
have applied the patches:
cd $OTP_SRC_DIRR14B04
patch -p0 <
/usr/ports/lang/erlang/patches/patch-erts_configure_in
patch -p0 <
/usr/ports/lang/erlang/patches/patch-erts_emulator_Makefile_in
patch -p0 <
/usr/ports/lang/erlang/patches/patch-erts_lib_src_Makefile_in
patch -p0 <
/usr/ports/lang/erlang/patches/patch-lib_tools_c_src_Makefile_in
patch -p0 <
/usr/ports/lang/erlang/patches/patch-make_target_mk

*all patches succedded,
and then:

./configure
sudo gmake install
the same error

I modified
erts/configure.in:
from:
openbsd*)
                DED_LD="$CC"
                DED_LD_FLAG_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_PATH="$CFLAG_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_PATH"
                DED_LDFLAGS="-shared"
        ;;
in:
openbsd*)

DED_LD="$CC"

DED_LD_FLAG_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_PATH="$CFLAG_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_PATH"

DED_LDFLAGS="-shared /usr/lib/crtbeginS.o /usr/lib/crtbegin.o"
        ;;
because:
$ nm /usr/lib/crtbegin.o
         U _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
_Jv_RegisterClasses
00000000 D __dso_handle
00000000 T __fini
00000000 D
__guard_local
00000000 T __init
00000000 W __register_frame_info
atexit
$ nm /usr/lib/crtbeginS.o
         U _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
_Jv_RegisterClasses
         U __cxa_finalize
00000000 D __dso_handle
00000000
D __guard_local
00000000 T _fini
00000000 T _init

gmake clean
./configure
sudo gmake install
the same error

In the topic I opened here brings Stanislav
Sedov has a very strong opinion about this error (but does not solve my
problem):
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/erlang-programming/q
lHg-RXa0x4
He says:

"I found this message on the mailing list, which seems to
be relevant:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cdesktopenv-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00598.
html

It looks like the __guard_local symbol is generated by new
stack_protector code,
and according to the patch it seems that linking against
libcrtbeginS.o and
libcrtendS.o fixes the issue for CDE.  It might be worth
trying to modify the
erlang linker flags (or at least crypto linking flags) to
link against these
objects."

Does anyone has an idea of how to solve this
issue, because I really need R14B04.

Please help. I am really out of ideas.
Maybe I should link against other libraries but I do not know what they are.
How can I dicover these libraries that I should link erlang against?

Bogdan