>> At the risk of sounding like an idiot, did you do anything particular in
>> the OpenBSD configuration to make Hyper-V's Legacy Network Adapter work?
>> I can't seem to make it do so--OpenBSD picks it up as de0, and I've
>> configured /etc/hostname.de0 appropriately.  The same Hyper-V setup
>> works okay for me for a Linux VM.
> I tried same thing (openbsd 5.3 on windows 8 hyper-v) last week and
> networking only worked under (openbsd) i386. It didn't work under
> amd64.

I was able to get legacy networking running on amd64 with something along the
lines of

config -e -o /bsd /bsd
disable acpi
disable mpbios
disable ioapic

however, amd64 on hyperv was very unstable for me. I would simply freeze after
a few minutes.

The commands above also seems to increase i386 performance on hyperv, as the
cost of losing MP.