On 11/18/05, Paul Jacobson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> attached is a patch for cyrus-sasl2 v 2.1.21, to bring in all the
> fixes from the openbsd port 2.1.18 plus a couple of other fixes.
>
> 2.1.21 gives you a ./configure option to build the ldapdb plugin so
> no messing around as with 2.1.18.
>
> You'll need to build & install cyrus-sasl without ldap support,
> install the openldap port with support for cyrus-sasl, then rebuild
> cyrus-sasl2 with ldapdb enabled.
>
> cheers
> Paul

Paul:

I caught this post right after I replied to your other mail on this
subject.  This seems to be the path I need to follow to get my
postfix/sasl/ldapdb/openldap install working.  Out of curiosity, why
the need to install sasl minus ldap support, install openldap, then
enable the ldapdb in sasl?.. just due to the port depends openldap
looks for?