On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 09:58:28AM -0800, the unit calling itself Greg Thomas
wrote:
> On 11/15/05, J Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 10:59:07AM +0800, the unit calling itself Lars
> > Hansson wrote:
> > >
> > > Error? There's no error. As many people have said before, the current
> > log
> > > message is correct.
> > > PEBKAC.
> >
> > It really doesn't matter how many people say it. The words are defined
> > in any English dictionary, and the log message is an incorrect
> > description of what is being done. But it's a free world - you do have
> > the option to dwell in ignorance.
>

> What part of adjusting do you not understand? Nowhere in the log message
> does it say that that adjusting is finished. You are just being obnoxious
> for obnoxious' sake because you didn't get your way.
>
> Greg

No, Greg - I'm not trying to be obnoxious for obnoxious' sake - are you?
What part of the definition of the word "by" to you not understand?

Have you looked the word up in a dictionary? Have you imagined yourself
in a situation where you were standing in front of a clock, and someone
said to you, "adjust that clock by 30 minutes, Greg."

Are you telling me that you would turn to this person, and say, "I'm
sorry, but I don't understand what that means... do you mean change the
time from 12:00 to 12:30, or do you mean change the clock by a tiny
amount?"

What part of that do you not understand, Greg? Huh? I'd really like for
you to explain the source of your confusion to the entire friggin' world
here. Were you sick that day when the teacher went over this?

Now, that said - i want you to leave me the f**k alone, and go somewhere
else to get your English lessons.

Jay