2013/6/7 Ted Unangst <t...@tedunangst.com>

> On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 03:40, Jiri B wrote:
> > As now FUSE is in the tree, is there a plan to resuscitate
> > extattr on OpenBSD, so some filesystems in usespace could
> > work or benefit from it? I'd like to see to be able to access
> > glusterfs for example which uses extattr for its own metadata.
>
> I don't think so.
> Too many tools remain unaware of them, causing attributes to get
> stripped off doing rather mundane operations.

Samba 4 also may use extattr to save some network-share-specific
information, so this could be really useful in that case. But not for
generic use, of course - and adding a bloat to kernel just to the sake of
compatibility with other OS... oh, we already have Linux ABI, don't we? :)

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov