Hi William,

I would suggest trying these things first:

- have you checked smtpd main page to Modify the current mailwrapper(8)
  settings?
- stop smtpd and run it in foreground "smtpd -d -v", so all the info will go
  to stderr
- try to exclude "dovecot" and check that smtpd can deliver messages to local
  user's "mbox" first.

This should give you enough info to find the root cause of your error, if not
- I would be interested to see the output of above.

I am using OpenSMTPD for almost a 6 months now, it rocks - nice powerful and
simple program!

Thank you and good luck with your mail setup,

--
Sincerely yours,
Denis