On 20 June 2013 16:53, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

> On 2013-06-18, Wiesław Herr <hers...@makhleb.net> wrote:
>
> I suspect you may have an issue where state is not being created where
> you expect it.
>
> It's now recommended (and we've changed the sample pf.conf to match)
> to start your ruleset with an explicit "block" (or "block log") rule to
> ensure that you don't accidentally allow any traffic to pass without
> keeping state.

In case of a tproxy, which does no-evil and necessary IP spoofing, how will
states be treated?

My PF is in production, so I can not test now, but I had same issue
(packets that bypass nat)  with route-to from an interface to another and
nat-to in the later. I have disabled states to test, and well... nat-to
does not work without it... so I leave everything without states, only
nat-to, but the same problem ocurred.

By now in our ISP we have made a choice for the felxibility of FreeBSD
IPFW, but I really like OpenBSD correctness and the shinny match PF rules,
and ALTQ being removed/reconstructed in a new way.