Kenneth R Westerback <kwesterback <at> rogers.com> writes:

> > I don't really get a vote as i'm not a developer, however cookies to anyone
> > who fixes this the correct way.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Sam Fourman Jr.
> >

> Define 'correct way'.

Personally, I have found running BIND and placing 127.0.0.1 to
/etc/resolv.conf as most easier way to minimize /etc/hosts usage.

I always thought of very minimalistic (read "secure") DNS server
built-in into dhclient as a privsep process, so dhclient can
dynamically push settings (based on a lease from DHCP server) via
IMSG, so placing 127.0.0.1 to /etc/resolv.conf will "just work".

I understand above approach maybe mixing things in non-unix way,
but DHCP is designed so: it touches interface address, default
gateway and resolver settings.