For clang just see freebsd lists. I will not say more, since those
posts speak for themself. Anyway, it is the future, for sure.
Regarding st, I use suckless browser named surf from time to time,
but I found both luakit and conkeror better suiting me. That post to
mean that people like different things and it is not easy to find
just one app everybody fancies. I tried st and let it go.
My point is: default is small enough to enable user to install what
he/she wants. It is pure luck fvwm is my favorite manager. But I
put vi before mg and...
Best regards

                                     Zoran