On 08/08/2013 02:33 PM, Joerg Streckfuss wrote:
Am 07.08.2013 16:20, schrieb Christian Weisgerber:
Well, you can either use two NICs on your gateway, one connected
to a vlan1 port on the switch, the other to vlan2.  Or you can can
set up vlan1 and vlan2 on em0 and connect them to a trunk port on
the switch.  This is straight from my home gateway:

==> /etc/hostname.em0 <==
description Trunk
up

==> /etc/hostname.vlan1 <==
description LAN
vlan 1 vlandev em0
inet 172.16.0.1 255.255.255.0 NONE
inet6 2001:6f8:124a::1

==> /etc/hostname.vlan2 <==
description WLAN
vlan 2 vlandev em0
inet 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0 NONE
inet6 2001:6f8:124a:1::1

I'm just a little bit curious. Why do you use VLANs instead of just a
physical
interface for each lan (wlan). Is it because VLANs give you a little bit more
flexibility?
Vlans are giving more flexibility and a count of the may be much more then
count of interfaces physically available
By Joerg

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]

--
With best regards,
     Gregory Edigarov