----- Original Message -----

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/openbsd-boot-install-using-pxe-preboot-execution
| > -environment/
| >
| > Is there any options to automate the installation ?
| > I want a machine to boot on bsd.rd, read a configuration file (url
| > passed by etc/boot.conf, for example) and install with the read
| > parameters.
| > Is there any issue to do this or i do it myself ?
| >
| > Thanks for advance
| > --
| > Best regards,
| > Loïc BLOT,
| > UNIX systems, security and network expert
| > http://www.unix-experience.fr
| >
| > [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type
| > application/pgp-signature which had a name of signature.asc]

If you are looking for automated partitioning and the like the site.install and
site.upgrade don't apply whatsoever.  In order to fully automate the
installation you will need to modify the bsd.rd file contents in order to do
that.  site.install and site.upgrade can be used to do other things like
install packages or upgrade the OS as necessary.

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group

“A successful person is one who can lay a solid foundation from the bricks
others have thrown at them.” -David Brinkley via Luke Shaw