On 2013-08-14 13:43, Nick Holland wrote:
> Anyone else having a problem with their spamd-protected mail servers
> being unable to receive mail from a number of mail services due to them
> immediately giving up on a 451 error?

> Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, unfortunately. I can't recall any particular culprits off the top of
my head, but it happens from time to time. Very annoying, it's hard to
explain to my customers that although "it works when they mail me at home"
the problem actually isn't at our end but with the sender not respecting
the protocol specification.

I hate to have to whitelist entire mail providers just because of this
issue, but I haven't figured out anything better to do.

I guess the problem is that RFC 821/2821/5321 specifiecs the retry action
on a 451 as a "SHOULD" and not a "MUST" requirement, and that hint obviously
isn't strong enough for some...

Regards,
/Benny

--
internetlabbet.se     / work:   +46 8 551 124 80      / "Words must
Benny Lofgren        /  mobile: +46 70 718 11 90     /   be weighed,