On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 02:01:59PM -0500, Ed Ahlsen-Girard wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 13:56:51 -0500
> Ed Ahlsen-Girard <eagir...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else noticed that some fonts are not displaying the right
> > character? Some substitutions, some blanks?
> >

> Sorry that is from the 8/29 snapshots, and the two before. I did
> uninstall libreoffice and replace it with the no-java version while
> waiting for the 1.7 sdk package; I've since reinstalled regular
> libreoffice, behavior continues.  dmesg below.

> inteldrm0 at vga1
> drm0 at inteldrm0
> inteldrm0: 1600x900

I have an issue with a machine that uses inteldrm as well, where
libreoffice looks like this: http://stsp.name/images/libreoffice-fonts.jpg

In XFCE, the issue could be "fixed" by going into Settings -> Appearance
-> Fonts, and changing Sub-pixel order from 'None' to some other value.

Does that apply to you?

I haven't yet dared trying to figure out what is causing this.