I did the tcpdump and I think the following should be the reason?

---
500 5.5.1 Command unrecognized: "AUTH LOGIN"..
---

it tries to open the session with:

---
250-<mydomain> Hello www@<mydomain> [x.x.x.x], pleased to meet
you..250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES..250-PIPELINING..250-8BITMIME..250-SIZE..250-DSN..250-ETRN..250-DELIVERBY..250HELP..
---