Dear Sirs!

I have a question, perhaps a little of-topic, but it arose as I
read about cvsync in openbsd web page. And OpenBsd people sure know
a lot about cryptography :)

Does rsync suppose that a part of a file in the server is equal to
a part of a file in the client, if a hash value of these parts are
equal?

Does cvsync do the same?

Is this reliable? Mathematicaly not a catastrophe? (equal if the
images under a non-injective function are equal)?

Is there a reliable way to make a local copy of the repository and
update it from time to time (I have only very elementary knowledge
about cvs and few experience)?

Thanks
Rodrigo