Dear BBB users,

I just bought me a BeagleBone Black board,
and want to install the latest snapshot.

Firstly, OpenBSD/beagle is dead,
replaced by OpenBSD/armv7, right?

Secondly, I need a serial cable to connect to the board.
http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=BeagleBone_Black_Serial
mentions 6pin cables that do not quite look like the serial cable
I have always used. (The serial cables linked from that page
are about $20 each - which is about half the price of the board.
Am I missing something?)

Should the other end of the serial cable
be the traditional RS-232 connector,
or do serial/USB cables also work?
Specifically, have you succesfully used any
of the following with the BeagleBone Black?

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/TTL-232R-3V3/768-1015-ND/1836393
http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=34M8872
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9717
http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBTTLSerial.htm
https://www.adafruit.com/products/70
http://www.adafruit.com/products/954
http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ss_ttl3vt
http://dx.com/p/arduino-pl2303hx-to-usb-ttl-upload-download-wire-black-100cm-199553
http://dx.com/p/ft232-to-usb-ttl-wire-integrated-terminal-cable-for-programmer-black-95cm-203717

Lastly, does the amrv7 platform have its own mailing list?
As the beagle support is a work very much in progress,
what is the discussion I should follow?

        Jan