Hi Antoine.
I also have a hang problem when i use a cold stop on libvirt. No problem
on VMWare ESX when i click on the "shutdown button".

On libvirt, when i click on this button the VM hang and then i need to
kill the VM.

(Archlinux kernel 3.11, but the problem was also present before. OpenBSD
5.3 VMs)
--
Best regards,
Loïc BLOT,

Le dimanche 20 octobre 2013 à 23:13 +0200, Antoine Jacoutot a écrit :
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 12:36:14PM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 08:45:37PM +0200, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> > > I personally use SmartOS and while it is an awesome system, OpenBSD
> > > does not always behave perfectly well under Solaris KVM.  I've had
> > > several vdisk related issues.  In my experience, Linux KVM is a better
> > > container for our OS.
> >
> > Could you elaborate on this? I've run OpenBSD under SmartOS briefly a
> > few months ago and it seemed to run just fine on my own test box. Were
> > you using the virtio(4) drivers? I did have network troubles when I
> > tried them but that was early this year and using the non-virtio network
> > setup seemed to work fine. I don't remember what I did for disk
> > settings. I'll have to look at my backups.
>
> I am often unable to properly shutdown OpenBSD VMs, disks hang.
> Using virtio or not does not change that.
> I did not look into it very deeply yet so ... But I never saw this issue in
Linux KVM.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]