On 24 October 2013 07:35, Predrag Punosevac <punoseva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Misc,
>
> This is not an OpenBSD specific question but since the list is full of
> security and network professionals I would like to solicit your
> opinion.
>
> Are there any strong opinions on DNS Hosting & Managed DNS providers. We
> are small Lab currently using ZoneEdit. I believe ZoneEdit  was chosen
> at the time they were free. We are looking to move to something little
> bit more secure with DNSSEC support out of box. We have one domain name,
> small web server and a mail server.

Do you run it all out of a single network?

If so, then running a third-party DNS is not recommended:
    http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/third-party.html

OTOH, named and nsd in base work great.

BTW, if you start adding DNS servers in far away places around the
world, and with bad connectivity from your target audience, then the
time it takes to resolve your domain for your target audience will
suffer overall, not improve.

Yes, these ideas are basically exactly the opposite of what the
marketing would lead you to believe.

C.