On 10/28/2013 06:54 PM, Andy wrote:
Hi all,

Would any of the esteemed OpenBSD developers be interested in adding support
for BFD (Bidirectional Forward Detection) to OpenBSD.

The protocol itself seems pretty simple and provides a sub-second keep-alive
mechanism to monitor links for routes. E.g. Upon BFD failure BGP or OSPF can be
torn down etc thus allowing for sub-second re-convergence of i/eBGP!

I can only offer a crate of beer to anyone who has the skills and is willing :)

'+1's welcome from others who would be interested to show signs of
support/interest..

I still don't see how is this different from ifstated?
You can use it to ping your neighbour then issue bgpctl neighbor
$your_fallen_neighbour down command.

--
With best regards,
     Gregory Edigarov