On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 11:34:15AM +0100, Sebastian Benoit wrote:

> sorry, i mispoke, i meant 5015A-* and they dont have a dedicated ipmi port.

Oh, yah, I've actually got one of those, it's been working great. I was
actually planning on replacing it with this newer one, which supports
more memory and has more power, and reallocate it to another task.

> anyway, dmesg attached, if someone cares. i'm not going to do anything more
> with it.
>
> cpu0: apic clock running at 99MHz
> cpu at mainbus0: not configured
> cpu at mainbus0: not configured
> cpu at mainbus0: not configured
>
> ahci0: failed to stop port, cannot softreset

Hmm, not very promising, it didn't even initialize all four cores. The
ahci error is one of the things the freebsd driver works around, the
crappy marvell chipset breaks spec on the reset function.

Lots of "unknowns" and "unconfigured" in that dmesg :(, guess I need to
find another option. Least I found out before I bought it, thanks much
for the heads up.