On 22 November 2013 10:06, J. Lewis Muir <jlm...@imca-cat.org> wrote:
> On 11/22/13 11:17 AM, Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
>> If it's offensive for you, compile your own spamd man page with
>> the diff you so happily provided, and live the rest of your life
>> happy. Remember to always take this pill again on 1st of May, and 1st
>> of November, every year.
>
> Hi, Giancarlo.
>
> Well, no one wants to maintain a patch forever.  I'd maintain it for a
> while if there was a good chance it would get accepted at some point,
> but if there's no chance, then I wouldn't bother.
>
> I'm a little puzzled over the whole resistance to the patch.  If I
> wrote a man page for some software I wrote, and if an example in it was
> considered off-color by someone, and that someone submitted a patch to
> me to change it slightly to no longer be off-color to them, and they
> asked in a kind way, and the patch didn't hurt the clarity of the man
> page in any way, I would likely accept the patch.  How am I hurt by it?
> I may not agree with the person, but why would I insist on keeping an
> example that seems off-color to them?  If it's somehow offensive to them
> and can be changed in a small way not to be, then I would accept the
> patch to change it.  Everybody wins--no big deal.
>
> Lewis

Yet, (0), you're not the one who wrote this software, or, in fact, any
other *BSD software that I could find, so I'm not sure you're
empirically qualified to make the claim about authorship that you're
now making, and, (1), what makes you think that your patch doesn't
hurt the clarity of the man-page in any way?

C.