I've got a box with one Intel 82574L based ethernet port and one 82579LM
based ethernet port. One will be hooked up to a 50Mbps wan link, the
other trunked at gigabit speed to a cisco switch (both routing the wan
link, routing some internal vlans, and providing some services).

Both the 82574L and 82579LM work fine, but I was wondering if one was
better than the other as far as performance or cpu utilization, so I
could make that one the internal link and the other the wan link,
otherwise I guess I'll just hook them up whichever way makes the cables
shorter ;).

Thanks...