On 12/11/2013 10:09 PM, Ted Unangst wrote:
On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 21:21, Adam Jensen wrote:

Will anyone suggest any before and after performance tests that I might
do to evaluate this card? Also, which encryption algorithms does the
softraid CRYPTO discipline support? I didn't find that information in
the man pages. It might be interesting to see if the Broadcom card will
enhance encrypted volume disk performance.

Honestly, I'd save your money.

You might be right. I can't find any technical specifications for the card but the BCM5821 processor product brief says it has a 64-bit 33/66 MHz PCI 2.2 interface. The card structurally appears to be PCI-X. I guess it's probably a 64-bit 66-MHz PCI-X card. I think this would cause the entire PCI-X bus to drop to 66MHz. That's something I cannot abide. Bummer.