Well, thanks for your replies so far.
I am currently trying to repeat the problem but it didn't happen the
last four days (apmd is running).

@Ville alkonen:
what applications do you use? I have quite a few big ones (chrome,
firefox, xombrero, eclipse, java). I suspect that one of those
programs is causing the trouble (they have coredumps quite often), so,
I close the programs when I don't need them.

Is there a way to activate enhanced/deeper logging functionality?