On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 17:48, sven falempin wrote:
> PTHREAD_COND_WAIT(3) is precise but easy to misread.
>
> It first say it will unlock the mutex given as a second argument, and after
> talking about the rest say it will be locked again.
>
> This second lock it supposed to have a particular usage, reading

Learning how to develop a well designed threaded program is way, way
outside the scope of the pthread function man pages. I don't even want
to begin going down that road.

If you want a concrete suggestion, don't program against pthreads in
the first place. Consider something like Intel's TBB library. Or write
in go.