On Jan 08 09:50:15, h...@stare.cz wrote:
> On Dec 17 07:32:00, uni...@idempot.net wrote:
> > On 12/17/2013 5:37 AM, Jan Stary wrote:
> >
> > > That's the relay which is rejecting my messages
> > > if there are "too many recipients" in them.
> > >
> > > I deleted all the failed ones from my queue
> > > and after some time, resent to the individual recipients (~120)
> > > one by one with a bit of grepawkery; that went fine.
> >
> > http://www.sendmail.com/sm/open_source/docs/m4/tweaking_config.html (look
> > for
> > "MaxRecipientsPerMessage")
> >
> > It seems that in this case sendmail really does just want the sending mailer
> > to retry those addresses later.
> >
> > You might want to do a test run and just let deferred recipients sit for a
> > while, to see if they do eventually get delivered.
>
> Yes, this time I will just let them sit there and see.

Well, after a couple of hours, they got through by pieces.

Every now and then (that is, following some strategy, surely)
OpenSMTPD tries to resend. The relay accepts a few
(respectively: 15, 17, 50, 20, 25, 14)
and rejects the rest with 'too many recipients' again,
which leads to 'host temporarily disabled', and a disabled route.

After a timeout, it enables the route again, tries again,
some more get through, etc. They are all sent now.

        Jan