Hi,

*1) Thehttps://openbsdfoundation.org/donations.html
<https://openbsdfoundation.org/donations.html>is redirecting to
http://www.obtuse.com/ <http://www.obtuse.com/>why? HTTPS should work
properly or it shouldn't be there.Word.Rather than contributing just some
outdated sang, you could have donesomething useful, like helping to
troubleshoot why the redirect was
happening.------------------------------------*

umm, the user gets a page where it can click to reach obtuse.com

Word. -> ? let me get access to the server running
openbsdfoundation.orgvia SSH and I will do it:
    - generate a new SSL cert (the current one expired at 2009) and use
https://www.startssl.com/ to get it working without wrong SSL warning
(freely) in the webbrowsers
    - configure apache

entirely of my own choosing. Paypal certainly does offer recurring
payments, so there is no reason not to offer them to people willing to
support the project.------------------------------------*
with this, I meant the status of it, it's great to have subscribtion too,
we all know that, but what is the ratio between them? just a little info
about the currect status, is it hopeless or already passed the $20000?

update: whops, I didn't read the previous mails, Theo already said this: "I
am not going to disclose the actual numbers here." - well, hokay.. I belive
in causality (cause<->effect) so there is a reason why he isn't doing that.

So let's get some info:

Suppose if a donator is on the donations page one time, it will stay there
(? I am wrong or not?):

The firs mail about funding came at 2013-12-17 18:20:48 -
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=138730448307723

The second mail came at 2013-12-21 0:08:26 -
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=138758456722860&w=2

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/www/donations.html
-->>
    current: Sat Jan 18 16:37:37 2014 UTC
    old, before the mails: Thu Dec 12 18:03:28 2013 UTC

[user@localhost ~] grep '^</li><li>' old-Donations\ to\ OpenBSD.html >
old.txt
[user@localhost ~] grep '^</li><li>' current-Donations\ to\ OpenBSD.html >
current.txt
[user@localhost ~] wc -l old.txt
4779 old.txt
[user@localhost ~] wc -l current.txt
4773 current.txt
[user@localhost ~]

Hopefully there weren't just 6 people who donated, these are only the
people who wanted their names on the donations.html (?)

Just on ycombinator ( https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7069889 ) there
were 401 comments and 798 "ups" and 17 donated:

[user@localhost ~] lynx -source
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7069889| grep -i donated | wc -l
17
[user@localhost ~]

on nixcraft facebook page: ( https://www.facebook.com/nixcraft ) there were
209 "likes" and 307 shares, 1 person said in the comments "donated"

so we have (calculating with ex.: 20 CAD/person ) 6+17+1 = 24*20= 480 CAD
from the 20000 ? - this is only public and not "trusty" data. :)