On Fri 24 Jan 2014 15:50:18 GMT, Dan Daley wrote:
I am new to OpenBSD and just installed 5.4 on an AMD 64 machine.  Still running
generic kernel.

sshd is running and I can ssh into the local machine using ssh 192.168.1.4

However, if I attempt to ssh into the box from another machine on the network, I get
"Operation timed out"

I tried disabling pf by adding PF=NO to rc.conf.local, to make sure that that
wasn't the culprit, but that didn't help.

I also attempted to telnet to port 22 to see if I received the SSH header
response… but that timed out with no response.

Also tried with a hosts.allow with ALL: 192.

Any other suggestions to assist troubleshooting this?  I haven't seen any
messages output to any of the logs when attempting to ssh into the machine.

Dan.

Check pf is really disabled with 'pfctl -d'