On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 10:51:19PM +0000, Alexey Suslikov wrote:
> Brian Curran <brian <at> brianpcurran.com> writes:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I have an Alfa AWUS036H USB wi-fi adapter that I am using on OpenBSD
> > 5.4 amd64. Problem is, sometimes as often as every 15 minutes, the only way
> > get the interface to pass traffic is with 'ifconfig urtw0 down &&
> > ifconfig urtw0 up'. I've monitored the traffic with tcpdump to look for
> > a pattern as to when it stops passing traffic, but I have not been able
> > to find one.
>
> when it stops passing traffic, does issuing "ifconfig urtw0 scan" help?

I test this just now and it seemed to help, although I only started
seeing ping replies about 10 seconds after issuing the scan. There is
a similar small delay, though usually not as long, when bringing the
interface down then up.

Also maybe of note is that the status of the interface as reported by
ifconfig remains "active" when it is not receiving any traffic.