On Thu, 6 Feb 2014, Chris Cappuccio wrote:

> What I'm recommending isn't really an upgrade so much as using the old
> box to bootstrap a newest snapshot. As long as the bootblocks are still
> compatible, you can do it.

Why? A clean build on a new machine would be the best solution in that
case, .. then reconfigure with data from the old box/disk.

Also, it is not good to recommend snapshots - most users do not need that
level of complexity. CDs are a much better alternative, and give something
back to the project. You DO purchase more than one set of CDs for every
release, right?

        Lee