Hello,

I'm updating to 5.4-stable and would like some clarification.

1) "You must make sure your kernel, "userland" (the supporting utilities
and files) andports tree are all in sync, or unpleasant things will happen."

Does this mean I may no longer install binary packages from the FTP
servers, only compile ports, after updating to -stable?

2) "There are a couple additional steps that some users may wish to
perform, depending on the purpose of the build and if X is installed:"

Should one always build Xenocara if X is installed, or only if the errata
page lists a patch for Xenocara?

Cheers,
Laurence.