On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 07:27:31PM +0000, Dennis den Brok wrote:
> I am considering getting a ThinkPad T61 or T500 to run OpenBSD on.
> My main concern is the noise level:  I'd prefer the fan not to run
> at all during text editing and web browsing.  Can anyone comment
> on that?  Are there other caveats?

I can recommend the T500. It's barely audible and I love it for that and
for the excellent battery capacity which still gives me up to three
hours of usage. Not bad for a machine which is five years old and is
more or less constantly plugged in.

I've been running CURRENT configured with Full Disk Encryption on it for
the last two years. Don't think the finger print sensor will work and
I've never tried to configure the built-in Ericsson F3507g
Mobile Broadband Module, but except for that everything else, like the
iwi(4) Wifi adapter, "just works".

Erling