Hugo Villeneuve schrieb am 23.03.2014 02:24:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 03:20:42PM +0100, Nils R wrote:
> >
> > After replacing the st-entries in /usr/share/mish/termcap and
> > recreating the db with cap_mkdb, i also had to rename the terminfo.db
> > to make it work. I could not find any program to rebuild the
> > terminfo db, how is it done? Or is terminfo.db not needed at all?
> > Still looking for a simpler solution :)
> >
> > Nils
>
> The easiest is to go into:
>
> /usr/src/share/termtypes
>
> and edit OpenBSD's original file directly: termtypes.master
>
> That file is mostly in terminfo format. (But you can put unsupported
> termcap capabilities directly too, I think. Might be other stuff.)
>
> And then you just use the included Makefile to update the system
> databases.
>
> # cd /usr/src/share/termtypes
> # make obj && make clean && make && make install
>
> BUT NOW YOU ARE RUNNING A MODIFIED AND UNSUPPORTED VERSION OF OPENBSD.
> IF YOU BREAK SOMETHING, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
>
> Every time you will update by source, termtype.master will show up
> as modified^1 and you'll have to verify it against the official version
> to see whether the your personal changes are still needed, valid
> and don't break anything.
>
> If you update from tarballs, your personal modified term{cap,info}.db
> will be lost and you'll have to remember to recreate your changes.
>

> ^1: In practice, every one should check the output from any "cvs
> up" for lines that starts with M or C.

Thanks, that worked.  I checked the Makefile, and all three related files
(terminfo.db, termcap.db and termcap) are created from termtype.master.  What
confuses me is that infocmp still reports it reads entries from
/usr/share/misc/terminfo, even though that file doesn't exist:

$ infocmp st | head -1
#       Reconstructed via infocmp from file: /usr/share/misc/terminfo

I looked at the code at /usr/src/usr.bin/infocmp, the filename is not hardcoded
in there -- i couldn't figure out where it comes from.

Thanks again for that advice.

Best,
Nils