On Wed, Mar 26, 2014, at 05:11 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Mar 2014, Charlie Farinella wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install OpenBSD 5.4 on a Dell Vostro 400, it's several
> > years old but not ancient.  4GB RAM, 250GB Seagate ST3250310AS hard
> > drive.  The installation goes normally until it tries to find the hard
> > drive and then tells me no hard drive is available.
> >
> Assuming it is recognized in the machine BIOS, .. you mmight have to
> install a DOS partition table first - it probably still has an ESX
> partition table, even after wiping.

On OpenBSD the drive itself should show up in the installer regardless
of whatever garbage is in the partition table. For a Windows install,
your advice would be spot-on, but OpenBSD's installer is much more
intelligent than anything that came out of Redmond, WA, US.

--
  Shawn K. Quinn
  skqu...@rushpost.com