On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 11:29:36AM -0700, the unit calling itself Spruell,
Darren-Perot wrote:
> From: frantisek holop [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > hmm, on Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 05:32:54PM +0100, Otto Moerbeek said that
> > > It's even a FAQ: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq8.html#wwwnotstd
> >
> > at least remove
> > "We welcome new contributors,"
> > because that is clearly not true.
>
> Sure, should be something like "we welcome worthwhile contributions". Helps
> enforce the point that just because you think your contribution is
> meaningful doesn't mean it really is.
>
> Why don't people catch on that this isn't a community-driven project?
>
> DS

If you're not "community-driven", then please explain why you have a
product offered to "the community", and a public forum that is in "the
community".

Also please explain how you avoid the apparent hypocrisy of soliciting
contributions from "the community", and then in the next breath tell
"the community" that they're irrelevant.

And what were your expectations when you joined a project that produced
a product that real users from "the community" were going to use? And
that "the community's" opinions and criticisms of this product would be
discussed in an open forum?

Did you expect that "the community" would all get starry-eyed, and say
to you, "Oh! It's everything I dreamed of; it's perfect! Thank you, I
can think of nothing more to add."

Why don't you catch on that this is not how the world works?