I'm used to generate RSA certificates for httpd(8) simply by following
the "GENERATING RSA SERVER CERTIFICATES FOR WEB SERVERS" section in the
manpage for ssl(8) and then setting httpd_flags="-DSSL" in
/etc/rc.conf.local. A few changes in /var/www/conf/httpd.conf and I'm
done. Up and go.

But how to do this with nginx(8)? After generating the certificates and
uncommenting the lines that deal with ssl in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf, I
get a SSL handshake error in my browsers:

        "SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible
        length.  (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)" (Firefox)

5.4 release. amd64.

Regards,

Erling