Josh Grosse <j...@jggimi.homeip.net> writes:

> I noticed this in your mixerctl results.  It may be the root of the
> problem.
>
>> outputs.spkr_mute=on  [ off on ]
>
> All other "mute" settings in your mixerctl results show as *off*.

I think what's going on here is that when I ran mixerctl I had my
speakers plugged in to the headphone (hp) jack on the front panel, which
causes the speaker output to be muted.

  outputs.hp_sense=plugged  [ unplugged plugged ]
  outputs.spkr_muters=hp  { hp }

I'm assuming that means that the headphones are sensed as being plugged
in, and this will cause the speaker output to mute.

For what it's worth, I get the same low volume when I use the "speaker"
jack on the back of the computer. I've also verified that the speakers
themselves are working properly, using another audio source.

Thanks,

Allan