---- Original message ----
>Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:56:33 +0100
>From: Han Boetes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: #define failure opportunity
>To: misc@openbsd.org
>
>The people who they are addressing are bussiness, and they think
>in terms of gaining money and loosing money.
>
>Open Source Software is a concept they will not understand easily
>since they don't have a concept of interacting with people without
>a gain or loss perspective.
>
>It is very important that we educate people about what the choice
>of open source software means.
>
>In their terms: You have to invest more _time_ into learning how
>to use a more complex and better tool. And also to help it improve
>by providing feed-back.
>
>And it's the job of the ssh-salesmen to convince people that they
>have to invest more money into an easier to use tool. That's the
>main attraction of their concept: ease of use.

i asked my friend, a corporate accountant, about why large corporations don't
prefer to use open source software. he didn't even address the ease of use
issue, but he said that large organizations aren't interested in open source
software because it's difficult to audit "custom" systems for tax and financial
statement reasons. he mostly works with publicly traded companies, and it just
couldn't be a legal scam unless the money was sufficiently spread around, eh?

i wish you could audit the crap that comes out the mouth of a lying CEO and
include that as a big red number on the balance sheet.

cheers,
jake