On 2014-04-25, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1i...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I've now got to find a simple fibre bridge at an OK price. I asked the ISPs
> about the ones they supply doing bridge mode and they suggested one if I
> asked specifically for it but I found it was an ADSL one.

Since you're in the UK .. the standard openreach modems (eci/huawei vdsl modem
which are confusingly named "fibre", and also the actual fibre ONTs for FTTP)
just act as a bridge and work fine with RFC4638 for 1500 MTU (ifconfig em0
mtu 1508; ifconfig pppoe0 mtu 1500).

Only problem is if you're using an ISP which doesn't use the standard
modem but their own integrated vdsl modem+router instead, easiest option
there is probably to get a standard eci/huawei modem off ebay, there are
loads on all the time.