On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 10:41:49PM +0300, Manuel Pages wrote:

> As Mr. Grosse points out (and I was originally aware of it),
> using snapshot userspace provides only an
> approximation of current userspace without any
> guarantees that snapshots
> are "up to date enough".

To be clear, I was speaking of packages.  These are third party applications,
and are to be differentiated from userland libraries and tools.  Your use of
the word "userspace" is unclear.

For clarity, when I referred to "snapshot packages" I was referring only to
binaries built from the ports tree (/usr/ports).  This is different from
the kernel or the userland libraries and utilities.

It is always best practice for -current users to ensure that kernel and
and userland are in sync, either by upgrading with snapshots or by upgrading
via source as described in FAQ 5 and in release(8).

Third party applications should also be kept in sync, either by using the
convenient "snapshot packages" when they happen to be in sync, or by building
packages from ports, per FAQ 15.

I hope that this helps.