On 09.05.2014 03:26, Andrew Lester wrote:
Hi All,

I am relatively new to BSD, and by extension, OpenBSD. I am using it on a small Atom-based server to act as a router, firewall and DNS server. In the future, I may use it for web hosting as well. I bought the three disc set to acquire the source code, and then I applied the patch to remedy the issue based on the provided instructions (I am running the amd64 variant). The patch instructions indicated that binaries that are statically linked with
libssl also need to be recompiled. The only additional program that I
installed (using pkg_add) was vim-7.4.135p0-no_x11-perl-python3-ruby.

However, this also installed some additional dependencies, as follows:

bzip2-1.0.6p0

gettext-0.18.2p4

libffi-3.0.9p6

libiconv-1.14p1

python-3.3.2p1

quirks-1.113

ruby-1.8.7.374p0

xz-5.0.5p0

How would I determine whether or not any of these include binaries that are
statically linked with libssl? Any help is much appreciated!

Well you can check Makefile of each of that program in CVS of OpenBSD or on openports.se page. After that you can ask upstream (will be like 95% of cases nad more something about Linux) or maybe switch for describing version is working in more details or they put such info in manual page (highly unlikely from upstream).

Best regards,

Andrew