On 06/04/14 17:08, Johan Svensson wrote:
I'm trying to migrate from Linux to Openbsd on my laptop (thinkpad x201).

The first problem that i came across was that the Cpu fanspeed was running constantly at 3500RPM. After the acpithinkpad.c patch from jcs (and i modified to make it work on the openbsd-current(link: http://exclude.se/patch/jcs_mod_by_js.diff)

Another thing that i noticed is that the battery lifetime is really bad.
In Linux i get around ~5,5 hours.
In OpenBSD i get around 2 hours.

when i ran : sysctl hw.sensors | grep -i consumption.
the output of the cpu was 6W.

in Linux it's around 1,5W.

with: apmd -C and apmd -L it's the same.
dmesg: http://exclude.se/openbsd/dmesg.txt

Is there anyway to fix this?

Regards
Johan Svensson

Take a look at hw.setperf in sysctl.  I think you are running at the
maximum cpu speed?  On my 2.8GHz W500 I can run at 800, 1600,
2133 and 2801.  800MHz makes a huge difference.  You have to
try different values for setperf to see what happens.  sysctl will
also tell you the speed in hw.cpuspeed.

--STeve Andre'