On 06/10/14 01:17, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
Lastly, I will remind you that the "fastest" OS compared to OpenBSD
is very likely less than 15%.  Say its 25% even, and you could get
faster hardware to accomedate that.

Come on, that is a false assertion. OpenBSD does have its warts, like
everybody else out there. They are different warts compared to others. But
IMHO running it slow with security is better than running it fast, and not
paying attention to secuirty.

It's false?  You think OpenBSD is slower than 15%?  I don't, based
on a few tests run against some version of Debian.  It was faster,
both in terms of disk i/o and the running of a program that did
a lot of computations with little output.  It seemed to me to be
less than 6%, using stopwatches but small enough to make me
stop testing.

But I think you agree with the general tone of this?

--STeve Andre'