On June 15, 2014 12:35:01 AM CDT, vadi...@gmail.com wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to install OpenBSD on Acer Iconia W700. It has one USB port
>and no other input ports, so it is only possible to attach a USB
>keyboard to this device. I've got stuck at the installer prompt:
>
>pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
>wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
>uhub2 at uhub0 port 1 "vendor 0x8087 product 0x0024" rev 2.00/0.00 addr
>2
>"vendor 0x04ca product 0x3008" rev 1.10/0.01 addr 3 at uhub2 port 1 not
>configur
>ed
>"SunplusIT INC. HD WebCam" rev 2.00/81.03 addr 4 at uhub2 port 3 not
>configured
>"Chicony Co 5M Cam" rev 2.00/37.15 addr 5 at uhub2 port 4 not
>configured
>uhub3 at uhub1 port 1 "vendor 0x8087 product 0x0024" rev 2.00/0.00 addr
>2
>uhidev0 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Intel Corporation
>Intel (R)
>Sensor Solution" rev 2.00/0.01 addr 3
>uhidev0: iclass 3/0, 7 report ids
>uhid at uhidev0 reportid 1 not configured
>uhid at uhidev0 reportid 2 not configured
>uhid at uhidev0 reportid 3 not configured
>uhid at uhidev0 reportid 4 not configured
>uhid at uhidev0 reportid 5 not configured
>uhid at uhidev0 reportid 6 not configured
>uhid at uhidev0 reportid 7 not configured
>softraid0 at root
>scsibus1 at softraid0: 256 targets
>root on rd0a swap on rd0b dump on rd0b
>erase ^?, werase ^W, kill ^U, intr ^C, status ^T
>
>Welcome to the OpenBSD/amd64 5.5 installation program.
>(I)nstall, (U)pgrade, (A)utoinstall or (S)hell?
>
>At this point I can't type anything because it seems like keyboard was
>not recognized. Unfortunately for the same reason I can only provide
>the last 25 lines of the output (I hope I did not mess anything up
>trying to type that here). I can also boot into config mode:
>
>UKC> find uhidev
>171 uhidev* at uhub*|uhub* port -1 configuration -1 interface -1 vendor
>-1 produ
>ct -1 release -1 flags 0x0
>
>but I do not have any experience working in this mode and I do not
>have other computer right now to try to compare configurations which
>could probably provide some hints.
>
>I've also found an old disk with Slackware 13.37 and it woks with this
>keyboard without any problems.
>
>Any help at this point would be highly appreciated.
>
>Thanks.

The gist of your problem appears to be that OpenBSD sees your keyboard but does
not recognize that it is a keyboard.

In other words, a different USB keyboard might work.

Note that I haven't checked the USB ID strings to confirm my guess - it's a
heuristic-driven assumption based on past experience.

-Adam