Roger Wiklund [roger.wikl...@gmail.com] wrote:
> No problems so far with Intel mSATA 525 30GB.
>
> On a side note I'm a bit worried about the CPU temperate, almost 70
> degrees C during normal load.

I have two DNS/NTP/DHCP servers running on APUs in a cooled datacenter
environment.
Unbound has caching turned up but the CPU usage is still tiny. (I don't think
I'd
see any difference with an ALIX vs the APU.)

# sysctl hw.sensors

hw.sensors.km0.temp0=59.50 degC

# sysctl hw.sensors

hw.sensors.km0.temp0=64.00 degC

They both started up at 61.5 after 10 minutes or so. This is after several days.

If you cover the top with more APUs it sits higher than 70.

I bet if you put it upside down (where the heatsink joins the case would face
up) then the temp will stay cooler.

The heatsink pads that PC Engines ships to connect the CPU and chipset to the
heatsink and case are rated at 6 W/mK.

You could buy ones that are rated at 17 W/mK to get greater heat dissipation.

http://173.254.28.23/~fujipoly/index.php?id=5

(I'm not sure that better pads are enough.)

Chris